North Putnam Alumni Association
Revised December 2014
The North Putnam Alumni Association is dedicated to promoting the fellowship of all former students, friends, and teachers associated with North Putnam High School by preserving the history of the school, supporting its present activities, and laying the foundation for a successful future.
- To encourage the alumni of North Putnam to maintain an interest in the academic, athletic, cultural, and social environment of the school.
- To establish an on-going North Putnam Alumni Scholarship Foundation to provide funds for deserving students to pursue additional education at an academic or vocational level.
- To recognize the role that North Putnam schools have played in the education and moral development of local young people to become useful and productive citizens in their local communities.
- To promote the fellowship of all former students, friends, and teachers associated with North Putnam High School.
- To collect and preserve memorabilia from the history of North Putnam High School.
- To sponsor annual gatherings of friends, teachers, and alumni of North Putnam High School.
- To support the administration in the objectives of education in the North Putnam Community School Corporation.
- To administer the North Putnam High School Alumni Scholarship Fund.
- Preferred membership in this association is open to graduates of North Putnam High School. A preferred member shall be defined as one paying yearly dues to the organization. Dues will be set by the Board of Directors.
- General membership in this association is open to all former students, staff, spouses, and friends of preferred members associated with North Putnam High School. A general member shall be defined as one paying yearly dues to the organization. Dues will be set by the Board of Directors.
- Honorary membership may be conferred by the Board of Directors on any person who has previously performed outstanding service for the North Putnam Alumni Association or Scholarship Fund. Honorary members are entitle to participate in all undertakings of the association and are not required to pay dues.
- Preferred members, general members and honorary members are not entitled to vote on matters brought before the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
- The Board of Directors shall consist of an odd number of positions, with no more than 21 positions, but no less than 15 positions. Each position has one vote.
- Only preferred members of the North Putnam Alumni Association may serve on the Board of Directors.
- Terms shall be set at one year with the option of renewal at the end of the term.
- Candidates nominated for board membership positions will be elected by a quorum of board members.
- Officers to be elected include President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Committee chairpersons may be appointed by the President and approved the Board of Directors.
- A Historian or Historians may be appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
- A School Liaison may be appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
Election of Officers
- The Nomination Committee chaired by the Vice-President shall be appointed by the President and will meet two months prior to the banquet. A slate of officers shall be presented to the Board of Directors one month prior to the banquet. Elections for the Executive Board shall take place at the meeting one month after the banquet.
- Mid-term vacancies of officers shall be appointed by the President and approved by the Board of Directors.
Duties of the Officers
- The President shall preside over regular meetings of the association.
- The Vice-President shall preside over the meetings in the absence of the President, chair the Nomination Committee, and provide other duties as directed by the President.
- The Secretary will keep minutes of each meeting and distribute the minutes to the board members at the next regular meeting. The Secretary will handle correspondence and other duties as directed by the President and the Board of Directors.
- The Treasurer will collect all monies due the association and deposit and/or withdraw those monies in the association depository as directed by the Board of Directors. The accounts will have the officers as signers of the account with the signatures of any two officers required for any transaction other than deposits. A monthly report will be given to the board.
- The Historian or Historians will be appointed by the President with the approval of the Board of Directors. The Historian or Historians will keep historical records, mementos and other items pertinent to the association.
- The School Liaison will coordinate communication between the school corporation and the association, by bringing to the attention of the Board of Directors, events and school activities that would be of benefit to the North Putnam alumni and the North Putnam Alumni Association.
- Meetings shall be on the third Monday of each month except when that day falls on a holiday or is otherwise changed by the President. The alternate day shall be the fourth Monday of the month. Meeting time to be at 7:00 p.m.
- Fifty-one percent of the filled positions shall constitute a quorum. A majority of voting members at any one meeting may pass motions which have been duly presented and seconded.
- Participation may be done in person or electronically. Members must attend at least six meeting per calendar year or participate in alumni functions at the president’s discretion to be considered in good standing.
- Executive sessions may be called by any Executive board member. Executive board members include President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
In the event of the passing of an officer or member of the Board of Directors of the North Putnam Alumni Association, the association will send a single white rose in a vase with a blue and orange ribbons to the funeral home. In addition, a
$25.00 contribution will be made to the North Putnam Alumni Scholarship Fund in their memory.